Congratulations on your decision to purchase a new home! There are many important things to consider throughout the process, especially for first-time home buyers. To ease your mind, here’s what you need to know about buying a new home and what to expect during the process from Cliffco Mortgage Bankers, your Long Island mortgage banker.
In general, a home purchase may be your largest financial transaction to date, so it’s important to make the right decisions and to keep an eye on the details. With assistance from your real estate agent and loan officer, it should be an efficient, pleasant, and ultimately rewarding experience.
Count on Your Mortgage Broker and Loan Officer to:
- Help you get pre-approved for a home loan. This will give you a firm idea of how much home you can own prior to the start of your search.
- Work with you to get all your financial “ducks in a row” before applying for a loan.
- Assist you in selecting the best loan to meet your personal situation and goals. (This single decision can save you thousands of dollars throughout the years!)
- Keep you informed about your loan status throughout the entire process.
- Keep your real estate agent and attorney informed of our loan progress (Note: your personal information is always kept confidential between you and Cliffco Mortgage Bankers; only deal points and progress are shared).
Get the appropriate loan for you at the best rates and fees. This will save you a significant amount of money “up front” and throughout the years.
Count on Your Real Estate Agent to:
- Preview available homes to weed out those that are overpriced or undesirable.
- Present the homes that suit the needs you’ve defined.
- Help you determine the difference between a “good buy” and a property that may have to be discounted if you decide to sell in the future.
- Negotiate the best deal for you. With a pre-approval letter from Cliffco Mortgage Bankers in hand, your real estate agent will be able to demonstrate that you are a qualified and capable borrower. This will strongly influence the seller, and may make the difference between the seller accepting your offer over someone else’s — even if your offer is lower!
Count on Yourself to:
- Keep your Real Estate Agent informed about any questions or concerns as they develop.
- Keep the process moving by providing documentation and decisions as soon as reasonably possible. By doing so, many of the details are taken care of early in the process so you can comfortably concentrate on any last-minute details.
- Enjoy purchasing your home, but do remain objective throughout the process — to make the business decisions that are best for you.
- Make sure you are pre-approved as early as possible. This will put the power of financing behind you so that you can concentrate on selecting your home.
Let Cliffco Mortgage Bankers guide you through the home-buying process and help you get a mortgage loan that’s right you. Contact us today at (516) 408-7300 or email email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!